Friends of Amity
Friends of Amity (FoA) is a group of volunteer parents, dedicated to building and supporting the school community.
FoA looks to develop more extended relationships between school staff, parents and others associated with the school. They welcome and connect new and existing families through a series of fun and interactive social activities like Coffee Mornings, Cake Bake Sales, Beach Clean Ups, Movie Evenings, Eco Awareness Competition and Mums Yoga Morning.
The group is open to all parents of Amity, who are automatically members of this group and are actively encouraged to be involved.
FoA's mission is to:
- Build a sense of community at school through increased and sustained parental participation and involvement in school events.
- Provide fun opportunities for voluntary work within the school community.
- Promote awareness of cultural diversity and respect for each other's differences.
- Promote awareness and respect for the values of the UAE.
- Encourage environmental awareness through organising and collaborating to eco-initiatives
- To foster mutual understanding, harmonious relationship and cooperation among parents, guardians, teachers and school administration in the fulfilment of their common aim: the welfare of the school and the pupils therein.
- To foster understanding of school policies and programmes across the community.
- To encourage the adoption of healthy lifestyles.
FoA always welcomes new volunteers. Please feel free to e-mail them at [email protected].
We have introduced two Parent Advisory Boards with the aim of:
- facilitating parental involvement in shaping the school’s future
- upholding the school’s vision and values
- seeking advice and support on matters of strategy and policy
AIS Parent Advisory Board
The AIS Parent Advisory Board is a partnership between the Amity Administration and the Parents. The Advisory Board meets regularly throughout the year to address a large array of educational and operational issues. The purpose of the board is to discuss the school’s most pressing issues and jointly develop creative solutions to school improvement.
The board is aimed at being a springboard to increase the involvement of parents in the improvement and vision of the school’s programmes, with the ultimate aim of:
- Supporting school goals and directions that meet the ever-evolving needs of our students.
- Facilitating more informed and pupil-focused decision making.
- Improving the parents’ and the pupils’ experience of the school.
AIS Emirati Parent Council
The purpose of the AIS Emirati Parents’ Council is to enhance understanding, awareness and appreciation of the following across the school:
- The Emirati Heritage and Culture.
- Islamic Values and their role in the UAE society.
- The school’s progress to meeting the UAE National Agenda
The board meets to discuss ideas for School-led, pupil-led and Parent-led initiatives aimed at supporting the following:
- Amity pupils’ understanding and appreciation of Islamic Values in UAE society.
- Amity pupils’ and parents’ understanding and respect for UAE culture.
- Amity pupils’ understanding and appreciation of their own culture and the wealth of world cultures in our community.