At Amity International School we aspire to provide inclusive and holistic education to our pupils.
We aim to promote a highly supportive ethos that is reflected in the values and culture of our entire school community so that all our pupils feel welcome, accepted, safe and valued.
Our highly qualified team ensure all students with additional needs are catered for and their school life is enjoyable and engaging.
We aim to identify both strengths and areas of need in order to impact positively upon achievement, participation, learning and self-confidence. Provision for pupils of determination is the responsibility of all at Amity. Every teacher is a teacher of pupils with special educational needs.
Our Inclusion Team:
- work with small groups and individual pupils
- support core skills, social skills, sensory needs and specific learning differences
- implement individualised education plans and action plans
- promote positive solutions to overcome barriers to learning
- support classroom accommodations and differentiation
- work in partnership with parents and hold regular review meetings
- work collaboratively with teachers, pupils, pastoral teams, school counsellors, Educational Psychologists, Occupational therapists and other outside agencies
- follow the United Kingdom Special Education Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014)
- enables pupils to make their best academic and personal progress possible through tailored provision, encouragement and support